- Your use of this Site is provided in good faith to you by me, and is for the sole purpose of enabling managers of UK legal businesses to connect and exchange information on a non-commercial basis. As there is no consideration (i.e. payment) provided by you to me in exchange for your use of this Site, there is no legally binding contract between myself and you as a user of this Site. However by accessing or using the Site, you are requested to respect and follow these Terms.
- The content of the pages of the Site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. You are responsible for the lawfulness and appropriateness of any posts or comments you make on this Site and for good conduct towards other users of this Site.
- If you post to this site as a contributor, you will hold and retain any copyright rights over any content you post.
- This Site is not suitable or intended for children, i.e. any persons under 18 years old.
- Although I have taken reasonable care to ensure that the content of this Site is true and accurate, neither myself nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Site for any particular purpose, commercial or otherwise. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and I expressly exclude liability or any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- You are not permitted to copy, reproduce or use any of the Site contents without my express permission. Your use of any information or materials on the Site without first obtaining express permission from me is unlawful and entirely at your own risk. I shall not be liable for any use of the Site or its contents which is not permitted.
- Some intellectual property rights relating to the Site (such as design, images and functionality) may be owned by third parties who have provided their permission for use. All other intellectual property rights are owned by me.
- All trademarks reproduced in this Site, which are not the property of or licensed to me are acknowledged on the Site.
- From time to time this Site may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that I endorse the website(s), I have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s) and I cannot vouch for their safety and security.
- Your use of this Site and any dispute arising out of such use of the Site is subject to the laws of the United Kingdom.
- When using all facilities on this Site you should at all times follow the usual rules and cautions relating to online safety (see UK government advice on online safety for further guidance), in particular: (a) Being careful not to give personal information about you to other users of the Site, (b) Choosing a secure password should you wish to register as a member and not revealing it to others, and (c) Not entering into any commercial or non-commercial relationship with other users of the Site.
- Communication facilities on the Site have deliberately been restricted by me to a general question and answer format. You should not communicate directly with other users of this Site concerning any matter. Please ensure that you do not provide any personal or other specific information about you or anyone else within the question and answer sections of the Site that would enable other users to specifically identify you and/or obtain or abuse information belonging to you, your employer or any other person or corporate body.
- You should not post any comments, questions or answers or that are derogatory or defamatory towards other users, organisations or corporate bodies of any kind. Any such comments will be removed by me and/or will not be approved by me.
- Please report any suspicious activity to myself in the first instance (email@example.com). I will take every step possible to me to control and limit abuse, but I cannot prevent any abusive or criminal acts if they are a result of any breach of these Terms, such as through direct communication between users of the Site. An example of suspicious activity is a person who may be holding themselves out to be genuine, for example a UK legal manager, but who you have good reason to believe they are not and may have an ulterior motive.
- Any breach of these Terms or abuse by you of this Site by you will result in changes made to the Site that will remove any content you have posted, remove your membership and prevent your ability to post any further comments or content on the Site.
- Serious abuse and illegal acts will be reported to the police, and may result in a legal claim against you for damages or harassment by myself and/or other users of the Site who are affected by your actions.
- These Terms may be changed from time to time and your use of this Site will be subject to the amended Terms, which will be published on this Site, from their date of publication.
I am committed to respecting the privacy of online visitors to my Site and I pledge my best efforts to that end. In general, you can visit the Site as a non-member (see below) without telling me or other users of this Site who you are or revealing any specific information about yourself that would enable me or other visitors of the Site to identify you.
Information available to me should you choose to register as a Member and/or Subscriber
If you choose to register as a member or subscriber of this Site, I will have access to information you provide on registration and by populating your account profile, such as your registered email address, your name and your profile information. This information is provided for the purpose of registering your membership of the Site.
I may use your email address to send infrequent updates to you on matters relating to the Site or the management of a UK law firm. I will not actively pass any of your personal information, including your email address, to any third parties other than in the event of any fraudulent act(s) by you, in which case your details will be passed on to the relevant police authorities.
Information in your account profile (not your email address or password) such as your username and profile information will be visible to other users of the Site and has the potential for misuse by others, therefore please follow the simple precautions I have recommended below. I do not have access to your login password and this cannot be recovered or obtained by me by any means.
Information available to other users of the Site should you choose to register as a Member and/or Subscriber
Information that you provide on your public profile as a Member (www.lawpracticemanager.co.uk/members/) may be visible to other visitors/users of the Site including your username, profile picture and other information you provide about you on your account page (https://www.lawpracticemanager.co.uk/user/).
You are therefore strongly recommended to take one or both of the following precautions to ensure that your personal or work related information is private and cannot be abused by other users of the Site:
(a) You can choose to hide information about you to other users/members using the privacy settings on your account (https://www.lawpracticemanager.co.uk/account/privacy/), and/or
(b) You can choose to provide information about you on your account profile that will not reveal your personal or work information to other users/visitors, for example by using a different username to your real name (e.g. “lawmanager14”), by not uploading a photograph of you, and by not revealing any information that may enable other people to identify you or your employer such as your specific work or personal address. However if you do this with the purpose of deceiving other users, your membership will be revoked and your details may be passed on to the police.
Information about you that may be passed on to third parties
Using the “newsletter” and “comment” functions of this website will result in your personal information (your email address) being passed on to a third party, The Rocket Science Group, trading as “Mailchimp”, who provide the software technology that is required for me to send you a regular weekly newsletter with updates on latest posts. The information held by The Rocket Science Group about you including your email address and any interaction by you from the email they send is subject to their privacy and information usage policy. I have taken reasonable care to check this, and I understand that your information (such as your email address) will be stored securely by the Rocket Science Group, and is not passed on or used by any other party for any purpose other than to provide functionality of the email service and for the reason you have supplied your information – to be kept in touch with posts and developments on this website. As with all emails that are not encrypted, the transfer of data is not secure and may be read by unauthorised third parties.
Information available to me about your use of this Site
When you access my Site or any other website through a search engine such as Google or Bing, the search engine provider may collect information about you. Some of this information is passed on by the relevant search engine provider to me, such as your general location (e.g. the city and country where you access the Site), your age group (e.g. age 24 to 35) and frequency of use. However, none of this information would allow me to obtain specific information about you that would enable me to identify you or your employer, such as your contact details or address.
In order to provide a more comprehensive and useful site, the Site contains links to other websites. I am not responsible for the privacy practices of these sites.